PO Box 300, Charlotte, VT 05445

Sales Tax ID Requirements

Sales Tax ID Requirements

Every state where we do a show has individual requirements for vendors to pay sales tax. It is your responsibility to obtain the appropriate sales tax ID, for example in Vermont or New York, and to provide us with your TAX ID (the number only, not a full scan of any certificate) for our records. For example, in Vermont we are required to provide a listing of the TAX IDs to the state. If you have any questions about whether the products you sell are taxable in any state and at what rate, you need to check with the state agencies yourself to get those answers.

Meanwhile, if you are doing a show in Vermont, as of summer 2022, you can contact the Vermont Department of Taxes at PO Box 547, Montpelier, VT 05609 or call 802.828.2551. As of this time, sales tax is 6% and clothing and specialty foods are not taxed. However, the question of whether you need to have an ID and report 0$ for these items or not is a question between you and the Department of Taxes. 

If you are doing a show in New York, as of summer 2022, the URL for the New York State Department of Taxation is https://www.tax.ny.gov/. Go there for all information and contact them with any questions. In New York, you must display your NYS Tax ID in your booth throughout the show.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.