Facts and Procedures
Our office phone number is 802.316.5019. Our email address is email@example.com, and the website is www.craftproducers.com. Craftproducers mailing address is Craftproducers, PO Box 300, Charlotte, VT 05445. Please give us your email address so we can send all correspondence via email. Be green! Save paper!
- Fill out the online application(s) to request shows, booth sizes, and to indicate whether you want corners, interior or perimeter spaces, and/or extra electricity. We try to accommodate your requests, but, due to demand, this is not always possible. Limited corners are available at a premium cost. If you have been assigned a corner, it will be listed on your invoice.
- Note that we replace any information you provide in your this year’s application, such as email address or display name, with the information we had on file. We assume if the information is different, that you intended for it to change. So please type carefully. This also applies to the medium description, which will be used in programs and websites, so again, type it as you want the public to see it.
Whether you are applying for a juried show or a non-juried Marketplace, we require three images of your work and one of your booth setup. Please email images to firstname.lastname@example.org in JPG format, at a fairly high resolution (4×5 at 300dpi is suitable). Images may be used in advertising for the show and one will be listed on the associated exhibitor page of the website for each show. If you do not send photos, you will not be listed on the website. Printed photos or slides are not accepted. If you have exhibited with us in the past, it is likely we have your photos on file, but let us know if you want us to use a more recent photo. If you sign up very late for a show, your photo and URL(s) may not make it onto the site in time for the show. We do our best, so check the sites and communicate whenever you require a change of photo or listing.
All applications postmarked by January 15 will be considered for the first round of acceptances, both for juried and non-juried shows. If there are any spaces open after that, acceptance will be on a first-come, first-served basis. If you put a checkmark next to a show on our application form, we consider that mark your intent to exhibit. Your signed application form reflects your commitment to do all the to which you are applying and, as such, is your contract with us. After we accept you to any show, cancellation fees will apply.
Included with your application, you must enclose a single deposit of $150, regardless of the number of shows you are applying for. This deposit is required to secure your spot in one or more shows for the year. Your deposit will be applied to your last show of the year.
Specialty Food Exhibitors receive an ongoing discounted price for the Stowe Arts Festival. Please note that this discount does not apply to the outdoor festivals and marketplaces, namely, Lake George Art and Craft, Lake George BBQ, or Southern Vermont Arts Festivals, since those booth fees are already significantly discounted.
Spread the word! If we accept a new exhibitor you have referred to any show, we will reward your support with a finder’s credit of $50 which will be applied as a credit to the last show on your invoice. This referral must be indicated on the new exhibitor’s application or the new exhibitor must let us know either by phone, email, or letter. “New exhibitor” means someone who has never exhibited with Craftproducers.
We appreciate and seek good demonstrations in both indoor and outdoor booths. If you want to demo, please provide details with your application or call our office so that we can determine what to give you in return. Possible examples include additional space, electricity to an outdoor booth or a discounted booth rate.
You may pay by cash, check, post dated checks, or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express). Late payment will result in a $25 late fee. Your $150 deposit will be credited toward your last show of the year. Our payment plan is very flexible. Full details will be furnished upon acceptance with an explanation of our postdated check system.
- We will send out acceptance information along with your invoice by February 16. If you cancel a show after this date, there will be a cancellation fee of $150. This amount is not refundable. Partial refunds of your full booth fee may be given based on when your cancellation is received and if we can fill your spot. No refunds are available within 30 days of a show.
- If you apply after February 16, we should reply to you within a few days. If more than a week has passed, contact us at email@example.com. Sometimes we send invoices that get lost in your spam folder. Or, sometimes we have an incorrect email address in our records.
- Your display must be as professional as your work! We require a backdrop and sides for indoor booths. Your 10×10 tent or pipe and drape are acceptable. 400 watts of electricity is provided for every ten feet of indoor booth space. If you wish to purchase extra power at $50 for an additional 400 watts, you must indicate this on your application form and it will appear on your invoice. If you want power for an outdoor booth, the price is $50 per 400 watts and you must indicate your needs on your application so we can plan our electrical layout. Extra electricity requests made at a festival may not be possible to accommodate and will incur a $100 surcharge.
- Important Note: Although we provide electricity for indoor events, you are responsible for your own lighting! Check with fellow exhibitors for recommendations, such as using LED lights for maximum efficiency. Plan ahead to highlight your beautiful work in the best lighting possible.
- We strive to make check-in and check-out as efficient as possible. We will send out detailed instructions for each show well in advance, so read them carefully and let us know in advance if you have questions. For each show, we will have a check-in window which is usually the day before and day of the show. For example, for a three-day Friday-Sunday show, check-in usually begins on Thursday, often around 10am, and ends at 6pm. For those who can set up quickly, there is usually a Friday window for, say, 7am-9am, for a show beginning at 10am.
- When you arrive, you will check in at the Check-In Station and receive a packet, which usually consists of a parking pass, two exhibitor badges (you can get more if needed), and directions to your booth. We try our best to allow you to drive as close as possible to your spot, but depending on conditions at the site, this is not always possible. Be prepared to work together. For example, we may need to let people with a physical handicap drive on the field but not others.
- We expect everyone to stay setup until the very end of the show. For safety reasons especially, no one may drive off the site until the patrons have exited. If we work together, we can get in and out safely and efficiently.
Our procedures have been carefully established for your maximum safety, profitability, and enjoyment and must be followed. Although our management style is relaxed, we expect you to fill out forms correctly, to make timely payments, to be on time for setup and the shows, and to remain set up until the very end. We expect every Craftproducers representative to treat you courteously, professionally, and with respect. We require all exhibitors to treat the public politely.
- Whatever it takes, we do. We spend the money. We advertise. Our ads are classy and visually pop out on the printed and online page. We make creative radio ads that spread the message. Our television ads showcase actual exhibitors. We develop and use a mailing list. We have individual websites for each show with an Exhibitor Listing page that includes a photo of your work and link to your website or social media page. Visitors to our sites will be able to find you on our sites throughout the year and until the following January when our new season begins.
- We are developing Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter pages for each show as we continue to employ social media to target your customers. Note that, as of 2022, we will no longer display any email addresses on our sites for security reasons. We will display one URL for you, prioritizing them by website, Facebook, Etsy, Instagram, Twitter. If you prefer we display a different URL for you, just let us know.
- How can we work together? The information you provide in your application regarding process and awards will help us highlight you on our platforms. ALSO, we would like to make a big push toward including more video of exhibitors working in their studios. To this end, all you need do is take some video on your phone (does not need to be professional) and get it to us (by google drive or other way that works for you) so we can add it to Youtube and Link it to our Websites. Reach out and work with us on these efforts!
- Craftproducers does not reserve hotel blocks for Exhibitors. We have found that online travel sites can offer you much better deals than we are able to arrange. For the Stowe Show, you might do well to contact the local Chamber of Commerce for assistance: Stowe Area Association – www.gostowe.com – 1-877-467-8693.
- There is free camping at the site for the Vermont shows; however, there are no hookups available. We do not have free camping onsite at the Lake George shows; however, Lake George is a camping mecca and you should be able to find many good options through your own online research.
Free camping without hookups or showers is available at all of our Vermont shows. Our traditions of bagels and coffee on Sunday, the exhibitor cocktail party, and other entertainment will continue wherever possible.
For the Vermont shows, we provide wedding style restroom trailers when possible, as well as regular portable units. At the Lake George site, there is a permanent building with extremely nice facilities, so we just add portable units onto the field for extra convenience.
If Craftproducers is forced to cancel a show due to Acts of God, Mother Nature, Governmental Order, War, Civil Unrest, Terrorism, etc., there will be no refund of booth fees. We will not issue refunds for any other liabilities whatsoever concerning the failure to fulfill this contract due to reasons of the venue being destroyed by fire, weather, or other calamity, or by any act of God, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances, or any legal authority, or any cause beyond our control. If we cancel a show by our own choice, we will completely refund your payment to that show.